Senior Staff Accountant
The Senior Staff Accountant should possess the ability to work closely with company leadership and other department heads to provide timely reporting and analysis pertinent to on-going concerns. They should have excellent interpersonal communication skills, which includes the ability to explain complex concepts at differing levels, depending on the audience. SRM Development and affiliates are dynamic entities that require non-traditional management across every facet of business disciplines. In addition to the traditional Senior Staff Accountant role, this candidate should have exposure to legal contract comprehension which include, but are not limited to LLC / LP Agreements and Development Agreements. A strong understanding of GAAP and tax reporting is essential. The Senior Staff Accountant must have excellent analytical skills and extensive knowledge of Accounting Principals to perform accounting duties that minimize financial risk of the Company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage general accounting operations at the discretion a direction of the Financial Controller.
- Develop process enhancements to increase productivity and accuracy of Accounting and Bookkeeping processes.
- Perform monthly Balance Sheet, Income Statement and other subsidiary reports.
- Recognize, analyze and resolve anomalies related to financial reporting.
- Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management.
- Cultivate productive, trustful relationships with external CPA firms and other Consultants critical to producing successful audits, tax return and cost segregation studies.
- Mentor other SRM Accounting and general office staff to ensure efficient flow of information.
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local tax regulations.
Experience & Skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel and other software programs as required.
- Exposure to NetSuite is preferred, but other accounting software will suffice.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and teach.
- Robust medical plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Wellness Program & Incentive Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company sponsored 401 (k) Plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Paid holidays plus additional year-end holiday schedule
- Charitable Giving Program
- Onsite workout facility and locker room
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
- Paid parking
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.