Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payments and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. This will involve, compiling and maintaining accounts payable records for multiple sets of books. Candidates must possess a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable principles, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Candidates should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. It is also important that the display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Candidate must have experience working in multiple sets of books within an organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for managing accounts payable using account software and other programs
- Process accounts payable within (construction accounting program), including input of information, review of coding, guarding against duplicate or delinquent payments
- Track electronic approval status of account payable
- Process and cut accounts payable checks
- Provide information required regarding vendor/consultant payment and history
- Ensure vendor/consultants are paid accurately and on time
- Send out required information for subcontractor pre-liens
- Track preliminary notices
- Cash receipts and wire transfers
- Process 1099’s
- Responds to ad-hoc requests.
Experience & Skills
- Working knowledge of the general ledger and its relationship to financial statements
- Skilled in use of Excel: with ability to create spreadsheets, formulas, and use pivot tables
- Must be highly detail-oriented and skilled at follow through
- Ability to be proactive, seek/research answers
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Robust medical plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- Wellness Program & Incentive Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company sponsored 401 (k) Plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Paid holidays plus additional year-end holiday schedule
- Charitable Giving Program
- Onsite workout facility and locker room
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
- Paid parking
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.